Bachelor Degree Of Hospitality Management
If you got up and brought back some Hospitality Management water, thanks. You’re very kind. If you asked, “Crushed or cubed?”then returned with a glass, an accompanying pitcher of water, and fresh blueberry muffins, you’ve landed on the right page. BSU Hospitality program is designed to harness your inner sense of hospitality and turn it into a personally satisfying and financially rewarding career.
Pursuing a career in “hospitality” has many meanings and the demand for leaders who understand how this multifaceted industry works is clear (since it’s the largest business activity in the world). So whether your dream is to manage a large hotel chain, lead a kitchen crew, plan major events, have an office that sails around the world on a cruise ship, or have your name on the front of your own Bed & Breakfast, you know you have a lot of options. Your passion for people combined with the business savvy you acquire from Keiser is the perfect recipe for success.
A Degree that Works
Below is a partial list of the many places you’ll find our students at work:
- AVID Sportswear
- Catawba Island Club
- Chef Master USA
- ConocoPhillips Company
- Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Lansing Lugnits
- Marriott Corporation
- McCormick & Schmicks Seafood Restaurants, Inc.
- Norwegian Cruise Line
Paxahau Event ProductionsPGA National Golf ClubPSC Entertainment LimitedStanley HotelThe Ritz-Carlton Hotel CompanyTGI FridaysToledo ZooWalt Disnet World ResortWynn Resorts Ltd.
Education in Action
- You will take excursions that expose you to the “real workings” of the industry, allowing you to network with key business leaders.
- Michigan campus students will take part in the annual Stafford Dinner. This elegant, five-course dinner is planned, prepared, and presented entirely by the students to raise scholarship money. From creative concept development to menu design, marketing and promotions to financial planning, securing guest speakers to kitchen management—and everything in between—students experience the entire spectrum of event management and presentation. The event takes an entire year of planning.
- In addition, each October students from all majors organize and present the BSU International Auto Show (NUIAS), located in Midland, Michigan. It’s the largest outdoor auto show in the United States and is completely student run. Hospitality students set up and run a food “business” during the show, which is available to nearly 50,000 guests.
- Our N.A.D.A. Hotel & Conference Center is located on the Michigan campus and allows Hospitality students to learn management while “practicing” management in a real-world business environment.
- We seek input from alumni and other industry experts throughout the year to make certain we are teaching the information students need to be successful. We bring our expert faculty together to discuss content and teaching practices—faculty with robust subject matter expertise.
- Two practicums and an internship help you gain experience and network.
- Businesses come to campus to interview students throughout the year and two large career fairs are also held on campus annually. These opportunities put you in a better position to obtain employment after graduation.
Take six courses that double as industry certification including:
- Facilities Engineering
- Food and Beverage Management
- Club Management
- Human Resource Management