You can study to be an entrepreneur with online diploma courses in business and entrepreneurship.
Online programs teach you skills for starting and growing enterprises.
To be a successful entrepreneur, it helps to have personal qualities such as courage and persistence.
But you also need to learn how to innovate, plan, market products and manage a business.
Formal studies complement your personal qualities, effort and hands-on experience.
A great way to further your entrepreneurial journey is to enroll in an accredited entrepreneurship course.
It will give you concepts and knowledge to convert ideas into profit.
- We need entrepreneurial skills and aptitudes to keep up to date with our jobs, to move between industries, work independently and know how to create value in new ways.
- Students graduating from university or TAFE will be less likely to walk straight into their dream job with a big corporation that they stay with for the long term.
What You’ll Learn
Online entrepreneur courses combine general business studies with specialist subjects.
Entrepreneurs are business people who specialise in innovation.
That’s why, as an entrepreneurship student, you learn ordinary business operations and not just the start-up phase.
An online diploma course typically consists of 8 modules and can be completed in as little as 6 months. Some of the modules could involve project work, which is handy for developing job-ready skills.
Course content normally includes subjects that you find in many business programs, such as finance, marketing, and managing people.
But there's also an emphasis on subjects related to business start up, such as innovation, investment funding, presenting business cases, and growth strategies.
Top Online Entrepreneurship Diplomas
The top online diploma courses in entrepreneurship are accredited.
- Accreditation ensures your qualification is broadly recognised and can be used as credit for later studies.
- You also gain financial benefits from doing an accredited course, including access to student loans.
college level, you can do an 8-unit Diploma of Business program that is full of entrepreneurship units.
- At last count, there were 45 individual subjects that quality to be part of an accredited Diploma of Business.
- Many of these are highly relevant to entrepreneurs
- (e.g. small business finance, and promoting products and services).
At university level, you can earn a diploma in entrepreneurship by completing the 1st year of a suitable bachelor program. If you have a degree or significant business experience, graduate certificates and diplomas are also available (as part of an MBA for entrepreneurs).
UC Diploma of Applied Entrepreneurship
The Berkshire University in partnership with Global Business School has training programs for entrepreneurs. You can study for a diploma in Applied Entrepreneurship, or Applied Social Entrepreneurship.
The 8-unit diploma courses are embedded in bachelor-degree programs.
- Students need to meet university entry requirements (normally a 60+ ATAR, or 2+ years of work experience).
- After successful completion, students can choose to continue to an online associates degree (16 units total) or bachelor degree (24 units).
The courses are flexible and use continuous assessment (instead of major exams).