These are 11 website like Etsy that allows creative entrepreneurs to sell their work and get paid for it rightfully. We’ll review your online store’s ten best Etsy alternatives, including marketplaces, eCommerce platforms, and website builders. Ultimately, you’ll be able to make an informed decision if Etsy is still the right choice for your online business. Since WooCommerce is an open-source platform, the plugin itself is free of cost. However, there is a myriad of other charges that can add up to a huge amount for someone selling handmade products online. IndieMade is a great Etsy alternative if you prefer a standalone website but have budget restraints and limited technical know-how on setting up a fully functional online store.
- Volusion offers many online selling resources for listing products, processing orders, payment processing, shipping options and much more.
- Note, however, that on Etsy, shoppers can message sellers to negotiate price, but it’s not the norm on that platform.
- The customization options are rather limited and offer a similar experience to Etsy.
- The marketplace model allows for additional, flexible revenue streams including lead generation, membership subscriptions, commission on sales and marketplace advertising space.
- However, if you want to build a more professional store, you will need to have strong developer skills.
Moreover, it also allows you to stand out and create your brand rather than being just another seller in the market like other websites like Etsy. We’ve listed some of the best Etsy alternatives for setting up an online store to help you make an informed decision and pick the most suitable platform for building your own store. Squarespace charges 3% transaction fees in the Business plan.
How 7 Niche Site Owners Are Using Link Whisper To Grow Their Sites
Before you settle for the first free trial that comes your way, make sure your alternative to Etsy is ticking off at least these features. Last but not least on our list is Volusion, a popular cloud-based checkout and shopping cart solution similar to Ecwid. Shopify is a household name in the world of Etsy alternatives, due to the fact that the platform specializes in eCommerce. Like all web builders, Wix comes jam-packed with ready-made site templates and a drag-and-drop editor, making customization of your shop relatively simple. When it comes to alternatives to Etsy, Wix is often mentioned as a great place to migrate your Etsy shop. Branding itself as the UK’s biggest online craft fair, Folksy is one of the best Etsy alternatives for a UK resident.
- You can also expect to get automated listings created for your products on Google Shopping, Nextag, and eBay.
- Instagram introduced its online commerce feature called Instagram Shopping in 2021.
- There are no listing fees or transaction fees of any sort on the platform.
- Here, you can share the project on your blog and create an account for posting pictures.
- Big Cartel specially designed its platform with artists in mind, knowing it would compete with Etsy as the platform of choice for creative makers.
- Litcommerce.com is using a security service for protection against online attacks.
ECrater is an online marketplace that brings buyers and sellers together. It’s free to register, and you can create customizable online stores. You also get access to the community forum, where you can connect with buyers, and fellow sellers can share experiences.
There may be other reasons 8 Best Etsy Alternatives considering walking away. Perhaps your shop was shut down by Etsy due to one of its many obscure policies. Or maybe you just want a personalized website that only features your creations – the digital-age version of a little shop on Main Street that’s all yours. You can take advantage of Squarespace’s 30% discount on annual plans to save on your subscription. While Website Planet may receive commissions when a purchase is made using our links, this has no influence on the reviews' content or on the reviewed products.
- Let us look at some of the other driving factors behind looking for Etsy alternatives.
- Aftcra is a smaller platform that encourages people’s artistic skills.
- Unlike Etsy’s uniform shop design (boring!), Shopify gives you a range of free and premium themes to make your site stand out.
- Once an artist uploads the design and selects their products, Society6 fulfills the orders by printing and shipping the product.
EBay stores allow merchants to sell new and preowned products in categories such as toys, automobiles, collectibles, and pet supplies. Redbubble, known for its quirky and standout designs, has almost 2 million unique monthly visitors. Founded in 2006, Redbubble is a print on demand company that helps 728,000 designers sell their art globally. However, Bonanza is a great marketplace to further diversify your sales. Although you've spent many painstaking hours building your Etsy store, at the end of the day, the sad truth is that you don't own it. Etsy has the right to terminate your shop at any time, and they have done so in the past for various reasons.