B.E. Power Electronics or Bachelor of Engineering in Power Electronics is an undergraduate Power Electronics course. Power electronics is the application of solid-state electronics for the control and conversion of electric power. Its converters can be found wherever there is a need to modify a form of electrical energy. During the course, it is taught that how in modern systems the conversion is performed with semiconductor switching devices such as diodes, thyristors, and transistors. Other areas of the course are electronic systems concerned with transmission and processing of signals and data, in power electronics, substantial amounts of electrical energy are processed. The duration of the course is four years and it offers many job options to the candidates after its completion. Many colleges are offering these courses in their campuses throughout the country.
B.E. Power Electronics Eligibility
- Aspiring students should have completed 10+2 or its equivalent exam pass from a recognized school board.
B.E. Power Electronics Syllabus
Syllabus of Power Electronics as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|3||Introduction to Computing|
|2||Electrical Circuits I|
|3||Analogue Electronics I|
|3||Electrical Circuits II|
|4||Analogue Electronics II|
|6||Electrical Machines I|
|3||Signals and Systems|
|5||Control Systems I|
|2||Power Systems I|
|5||Electrical Machines II|
|2||Power Systems II|
|3||Control Systems II|
|4||Engineering Management II|
|6||Final Year Project|
B.E. Power Electronics Course Suitability
- Those who have excellent oral, written communication and excellent leadership skills are the most suitable one for it.
- Who possess strong background in physics and mathematics are also good match for this course.
- Other suitable candidates are those who have thought of becoming lecturer after their Master’s degree.
How is B.E. Power Electronics Course Beneficial?
- Power engineers are employed in all manufacturing units; all major companies of the public and private sector such as Electricity Boards, Large Scale Industries, Manufacturing Plants, Power Corporations, Hydro-Electricity sector are continuously in need of Electrical Engineers for their projects.
- They also find job prospects in Design Industries, Production plants, Natural gas plants, Petroleum as well as in steel and chemical plants.
- Many premier educational and Research Institutions regularly intake electrical or power engineers as graduate Engineer trainees and Management Trainees to work on research projects.
- They can also get a job in major players in the public sector such as Indian Railways, Armed forces (Technical Branch) and in Thermal and Nuclear Power Corporation Limited.
B.E. Power Electronics Employment Areas
- Power Electronics & Power Systems
- Colleges & Universities
- Electronics Manufacturing Companies
- No company logo available
- Power Electronics Design Architecture Companies
- Industrial Batteries Power Electronics
- Power Electronics Design
B.E. Power Electronics Job Types
- Grade II Technician
- Junior Engineer
- Assistant Engineer
- Engineering Executives
- Senior Management Staff
- Regulatory Officer
- Assistant Chemist
- Sales Engineer
Post a Reply